- All Team Members must be at least 18 years old. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- An arena.im account is required since this is the software we use to post our live updates through the website.
- A Twitter account is required to communicate with our fans and followers on Twitter, which is our go-to social media platform.
- An active Facebook Messenger is required for communication. This does not require an active Facebook account, only Messenger.
- Team Members must have passed the Spotter Network Test and/or by SKYWARN certified. Proof of this may be requested when you hear back from the Team prior to submitting the application.
- We highly recommend a ClickUp account since this is where we coordinate weather events and projects
- Good knowledge of radar data is required to be on this Team. This includes knowing reflectivity, velocity, and dual-pol products, as well as how radars operate.
The dos and don’ts for the Alabama Weather Prediction Team. By submitting your application you agree to these expectations.
You will not:
- issue Warnings, Watches, or Advisories of your own. This includes “Code Red” or “Code Blue” nonsense.
- impersonate any other member of NWS, media, or any other living being in the face of the Earth. You are you.
- use any of your social media accounts for anything illegal
- use anyone else’s information and call it your own. That’s stealing. Which is illegal.
- post anything illegal on our website. Cloud porn is the only exception.
say anything online that your mother would not approve of.
- harass any of the Team members on Facebook Messenger. This will result in being banned.
- be kind to all of our fans and followers. Everyone is different, and not everyone has the same knowledge when it comes to weather
- notify the Team if you need to take an extended leave of absence. We understand that real life is the priority over the weather.
- have a great time and learn amazing things while on this Team.