Telegram is a free convenient way to interact with our Team members and Followers and also receive the latest blog posts automatically on your smartphone or PC.
While Discord is primarily a client for gamers, it also has powerful features that our Team has taken advantage of, including automated Twitter and NWS feeds, voice chats new blog posts automatically posting.
Connecting to IEMChat - Jabber/XMPP Server
In addition to our live chat room, we encourage all users to connect to our Jabber chat room where not only can you chat with our Team members, but you will receive real-time updates from the National Weather Service and Storm Prediction Center. This can be a critical internet source!
Option 1 – Use the Web
The most simple and convenient way to connect to our chat room is to use the weather.im service. Let’s get you connected and into our conference room.
- Step 1 – Navigate to https://weather.im/live
- Step 2 – Login or proceed anonymously.
- Step 3 – On the top left sidebar select Join Group Chat.
- Step 4 – Find awpwxchat and double click to join
Logging in allows you to have your own username and to save bookmarks, in addition, it gives you the ability to automatically join the group chat when you login, but this is optional.
Option 2 – Use a Client - Preferred, Recommended Method
This does require registering on the weather.im server!
- For conference server, put conference.weather.im
- For username and password, put in the username and password you created.
- For conference group/chat, put awpwxchat
Use the buttons or QR code below to connect to their respective network. If on a mobile device you can press and hold the image to open it.
Additionally, you may contact us using the form provided and you will hear back from us ASAP.