The NWS office in Birmingham as confirmed at least 13 tornados in our coverage area from the storms on April 12, 2020. Two in Pickens, 3 in Fayette, 4 in Walker, 3 in Blount, 1 in Jefferson, and 3 in Etowah. Some of these tornadoes affected more than one county.
In addition to the tornadoes, damaging winds up to 85mph and flash flooding occurred across the area.
The following list is in chronological order:
- Ethelsville EF-0 (Pickens County AL)
- State Route 159 EF-0 (Pickens & Fayette Counties AL)
- Belle Creek EF-0 (Feyette County AL)
- Cedar Creek EF-1 (Fayette & Walker Counties AL)
- Gorgas EF-1 (Walker County AL)
- Bagley EF-2 (Walker & Jefferson Counties AL)
- Whites Creek EF-0 (Blount County AL)
- Locust Fork EF-1 (Blount County AL)
- County Road 33 EF-2 (Blount County AL)
- Millers Hollow EF-1 (Etowah County AL)
- Boaz EF-2 (Blount, Etowah, Marshall Counties AL)
- Reece City EF-2 (Etowah County AL)
- Carbon Hill EF-1 (Walker County AL)
- Northriver Yacht Club EF-1 (Tuscaloosa County AL)
For more information on these tornadoes, visit the NWS Birmingham Tornado Outbreak of April 12, 2020 event page.