It’s been a while since any of us have said anything. I’m sure what’s going on in everyone’s mind are the impacts of COVID-19. We’re not here to talk about that, HOWEVER; we do want to remind you that we are all humans and this pandemic is impacting all of us in some way. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
- All images have been optimized for faster loading.
- The website has been switched to Cloudflare servers to improve loading and improve security. Read more.
- Fixed all weather.gov embeds throughout the site
- Fixed main page redirect that was redirecting to /home-2.
Website Layout Changes
- Changed the layout width to a “box width”
- Adjusted tab navigation slightly
- More products have been added to the Hazards page
Coverage Area Changes
Credit goes to Ben for this idea – changes were made to our Coverage Area to improve the quality of service. The highlight of the changes are as follows:
Old coverage area
New coverage area
Changes were made to our staff positions to just make things make more sense. Highlights:
- New Position: Messenger. Replaces the Social Media Management position.
- Website Management was renamed to Messenger.
- Removed Forecaster and Founder.
Weather Message Changes
- The Hazards image now includes a timestamp in the lower right corner.
- The Hazards image now also updates correctly.
- Adjusted Twitter message to be a little more exclusive:
PRODUCT ACTION by WFO until EXPIRES.
- In the works: We’re working on getting WxLocal to put current conditions and temperatures on our website. This should be completed in the upcoming weeks.
We’re working on getting our project managements moved to our Asana board instead of Trello, so you can see what we are working on behind the scenes! (we will be putting projects on Asana going forward).